Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding plugins that meet your needs, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Restaurant Website.
- View Offline
- Let's talk a bit about finding and selecting plugins.…So far, we've focused on our content…and the overall site design.…Now it's time to look at extending the functionality…we already have to help us flesh out our site…in order to achieve our goals.…Just like themes, there's a lot of plugins out there…to choose from.…For instance, in the WordPRess plugin repository…there's over 39,000 plugins available.…Many of them do have overlapping functionality,…but still, this in an overwhelming number.…Another place to search for plugins is at…managewp.org.…
This is still a search of the WordPress plugin repository,…but it has some additional search features and…comparison tools that come in pretty handy.…Of course, you can always turn to Google for your…plugin searches as well, where you'll turn up even more…free and some paid plugins.…A lot of plugin authors choose not to post their plugins…on WordPress.org but will sell them on their own websites…or maybe even give them away on a repository like GitHub.com…So, all these places to look for plugins.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Making a basic content inventory
- Finding a suitable theme
- Setting up widgets and navigation
- Creating a menu with the Food and Drink Menu plugin
- Adding a responsive slider
- Using Jetpack for reservations
- Testing the site