Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding plugins that meet your needs, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Showcasing Photography.
- At this point you should have…most of your content and media added to your site.…Pretty soon we'll go on the hunt…to find the right Plugins for the pixel fruit site.…But before we do that,…I'd like to cover some general information about Plugins.…Plugins are what we can use…to extend the functionality of WordPress.…They're little bits or, in some cases, giant bits of code…that you can literally plug into your site.…So where do you find these little gems?…Well, WordPress.org is the largest repository for Plugins.…There are actually tens of thousands of Plugins.…
And this number grows every day.…So just like Apple used to joke…that whatever you needed there was an app for that,…well, I'd be banking that there's probably…a Plugin for that too.…There are also plenty of Plugins to be found…that aren't on WordPress.…In order to be in the WordPress Plugin repository,…a Plugin must be free and also supported.…So if an author wants to charge for a Plugin…or doesn't want to offer support,…then they may sell it off their site…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY..
- Preparing to build a photography site
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Setting up menus and social media
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Wedding Site
2. Extending Functionality with Plugins
3. Picking and Configuring a Theme
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.