Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Exercise files, part of WordPress and Genesis: Building Child Themes from Scratch.
- You have access to the same files that I'll be using here in this course. Simply, follow the link on the main course page to download them. I'm showing them on my desktop here but you can place them wherever it's convenient for you. Inside of the Exercise Files folder, you'll notice a folder for each chapter of the course. And inside of that, you'll find the individual PHP and CSS files I used.
- Why build a theme from scratch?
- Creating a theme folder
- Creating the CSS and PHP files
- Adding a theme setup function
- Adding features and functionality to your child theme
- Styling the theme
- Adding content to widgets
- Making the theme responsive with media queries
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Building a Theme
2. Setting Up Your Basic Theme Structure
3. Generating Site Features and Functionality
4. Building Out Your CSS
5. Going Further with CSS
6. Putting It All Together
Prepare your theme2m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.