Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Establishing needs and goals for the site, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Restaurant Website.
- View Offline
- Creating a new website is an exciting process.…To set yourself up for maximum success,…it's important to take the time up front…to do some good planning.…This planning starts with thinking through…your goals and needs and mapping out your content…before you get down to the business of actually…building your site.…The website I'm building in this course is for a restaurant…named, Nadia's Garden Restaurant, a fictitious establishment…created by Lynda.com.…The first step for us is to figure out what goals…we want to achieve and what needs we'll have for the site.…
So we'll start with the goals.…The easiest way to figure out your goals is…to ask yourself, "Why do I want this site?"…Well, your answers to that question will be your goals.…For the restaurant site, I want to get new customers…and the site will work as both advertising…and a way to preview the menu.…I want people to easily find the restaurant,…read nice things other customers have said…about the restaurant, and provide a way for…customers to reserve a table in advance.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Making a basic content inventory
- Finding a suitable theme
- Setting up widgets and navigation
- Creating a menu with the Food and Drink Menu plugin
- Adding a responsive slider
- Using Jetpack for reservations
- Testing the site