Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Establishing needs and goals for the site, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Small Business Website.
- View Offline
- Creating a new website is a fun and exciting process.…To set yourself up for success,…it's important to take some time up front…to do some good planning.…Trust me, you'll be doing yourself a big favor.…Planning starts with thinking through your goals and needs…and mapping out your content before…you get down to the business of building your site.…The website I'm building in this course…is for a small business named Leaf and Mortar,…a fictitious landscape design and architecture firm…created by lynda.com…Let's get started with our goals.…
Now, the easiest way to figure out the goals for your site,…is to ask yourself: "Why do I want this site?"…The answers to that question will be your goals.…If you're a small business owner,…the number one goal for your site…is probably to generate more business.…The site should be a good way for people…to learn about your products or services…and then hire you if you're a fit for their needs.…The site I'm building is for a family-owned, local business…so it's important to communicate their level of…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Finding and installing plugins such as Ninja Forms
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam