Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Establishing needs and goals for the site, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- Creating a new site is a fun and exciting process.…To make your project go as smoothly as possible,…there's a necessary first step…before you dive into that creative process,…and that is we need to determine…your needs and goals for the website.…Now this may sound overly simple or obvious,…but let's think about it a bit.…As a result of your website being online,…what needs to happen, or what…do people need to be able to do?…For instance, do they need to be able to save the date,…or find your registry, or just read your content…like your engagement story.…
Maybe they want to sign a guestbook,…connect with you on social media,…RSVP to your wedding or share photos.…All of these things are goals,…and there's certainly more than what we just talked about.…It's helpful to think of goals as verbs.…They're actions that help achieve your purpose.…Whether it's to communicate with guests,…or gather information for your planning.…Once you've identified the goals for your site,…it makes the following steps much easier.…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site