Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Displaying images with Fancybox, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Showcasing Photography.
- View Offline
- The Easy FancyBox plugin makes your great photos…look even better by framing them in a nice lightbox.…Now I've already downloaded the Easy FancyBox plugin…from the WordPress repository to my site,…but I haven't activated it yet.…That's because I want to show you…a sort of before and after.…So I've created a page called called Easy Fancybox Test,…and let's drop in an image.…It's got a title, a caption,…we'll give it some Alt Text,…and notice here I'm gonna say Link To Media File,…and I'm gonna insert it at…this medium-sized thumbnail, 300 by 200.…
It doesn't really matter which one you select here,…but I'm just gonna go with the medium-sized,…and insert it into the page.…So there you can see the photo and our image caption.…So let's go ahead and view the page,…and see what happens when we click this photo.…As you can see,…this opened up just a direct URL for the image,…and I'm kinda outside of my site,…so if I wanna get back I've gotta use the back button.…So now, let's activate the Easy FancyBox plugin,…and see what happens.…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY..
- Preparing to build a photography site
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Setting up menus and social media
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam