Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,800 courses, including more Web and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Setting up your development environment
- Understanding the child theme template structure
- Working with the Genesis loop
- Working with actions
- Editing theme styles
- Making commonly requested customizations
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Carrie Dils, and this is Customizing Themes with Genesis for WordPress. In this course, I'll show you how to take apart the Genesis framework in order to understand the structure and components, and how to use that knowledge to customize your child theme. I'll start by showing you the tools you'll need to set up a solid web-development environment. From there, we'll take a deeper look into the Genesis framework structure. Next, we'll learn how to use the unique action hooks and filters in Genesis to change how your child theme works. We'll also cover the best way to make these edits to your child theme.
Finally, I'll show you how to make the most commonly-requested changes to a Genesis child theme. We'll be covering all of these features plus plenty of other tools and techniques. Are you ready to get a better grasp on how to customize a Genesis child theme? Let's get started!
Sign up for a Premium Membership to download courses for Internet-free viewing.
Watch offline with your iOS, Android, or desktop app.Start Your Free Trial
After signing up, download the course here or from the iOS/Android App.