Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Customize the footer credits, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Showcasing Photography.
- View Offline
- There's just one more customization I'd like to show you…before we launch our site.…And it's the footer credits or site copyright.…So by default, when you install the Agency Pro theme,…you get the copyright,…a link to Agency Pro,…and a link to the Genesis framework.…Now, I would like to replace this with my own copyright…and I'm betting you would too.…So, let me show you a quick, easy way to do that.…By going back to our WordPress dashboards,…we're gonna go to "plugins" and "add new".…
We're gonna do a search for the Genesis Simple Edits Plugin.…Now if you're wondering why we didn't install this…earlier in the course when we talked about plug-ins,…the answer is simple.…The Genesis Simple Edits plug-in requires…the Genesis Framework in order to be activated and work.…Earlier when we were discussing plug-ins,…we weren't quite there yet…with installing the Genesis framework,…but now we are.…So, let's go ahead and install it and activate it.…This will bring up a new menu option under the Genesis tab…called Simple Edits.…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY..
- Preparing to build a photography site
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Setting up menus and social media
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam