Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a menu with the Food and Drink Menu plugin, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Restaurant Website.
- View Offline
- Let's talk about menus for a moment.…Have you ever been to a restaurant website,…tried to view the menu, and been disappointed…when all you got was a pixilated jpg…that couldn't be resized and was really difficult to read?…As a customer, I'm sure you found that frustrating.…I'd like to share a few tips with you…about online restaurant menus,…and how you can make sure your customers are happy.…For starters, always use plain text.…Now, what I mean by plain text is,…it basically just isn't an image.…With WordPress, this means that you're using…the content editor to input information about your dishes.…
Images are great, but they have their place.…Use images for food, that way they can compliment…the text descriptions of your menu items.…Finally, make sure your menu stays up-to-date.…Let's go ahead and head to our WordPress Dashboard…and go to Plugins, add New, to get to this screen.…We'll do a search for the plugin,…install it, and activate it.…Once the plugin is activated, you'll see these two new items…over in the menu: Menus and Menu Items.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Making a basic content inventory
- Finding a suitable theme
- Setting up widgets and navigation
- Creating a menu with the Food and Drink Menu plugin
- Adding a responsive slider
- Using Jetpack for reservations
- Testing the site