Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring widgets and the front page, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Showcasing Photography.
- At this point, our site is a bit…like an awkward teenager.…It's kinda cool, but it really hasn't come together yet.…To do that, let's start filling out our widget areas.…Now, our widget areas are what we'll use…to make this front page look like the demo.…So if you go to your WordPress dashboard,…and to Appearance, Widgets, that's where we'll start.…Looking at this home top widget area,…on the demo, they've got some introductory text…and a nice button that just scrolls to the next section.…
Now, let's do something similar on ours.…I'm gonna add a text widget to that home top widget area,…add in my title, and some introductory text.…We'll automatically add paragraphs, and save it.…Now, if we go refresh our front page,…now we'll see that.…Cool.…So what we're missing is that fun button.…Now, if you go over to the StudioPress.com site,…they have detailed setup instructions…for each of their themes.…
According to the Agency Pro setup,…they're using a link with a class of button,…and then a special character,…and that's actually that down arrow.…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY..
- Preparing to build a photography site
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Setting up menus and social media
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam