Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring and setting up forums, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Community Website.
- Now that we have bbPress installed,…let's check out some of the settings.…We can do that directly from the Plugins page,…or by going to Settings, Forums, from the left-hand menu.…Let's talk about these Forum User Settings for a moment.…The Disallow editing after, allows you to state…in the number of minutes, a limit to the post editing time.…Once that time limit has been reached,…the forum post is no longer available to be edited…by a forum participant.…The Throttle posting setting enables you to select…the minimum time in seconds between posting new replies…in the forums, this is useful to help stop spamming.…
The Anonymous posting let's us decide whether we want…anyone to be able to create a new topic, or,…whether we only want logged in users to.…I'm going to go ahead and leave this unchecked,…as I want our users to be logged in.…Finally, we have the Auto-role, when a new visitor registers…on the site, they'll automatically be assigned…to the Participant forum role.…There's a number of other settings available for bbPress.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.