Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring the front page, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Small Business Website.
- In this movie, I'd like to walk through…setting up the front page of the Fernando theme.…Since you may or may not be using this same theme,…I'd like to focus less on what widgets I'm using,…and more on where I'm going to place…key content to help me achieve my original goals.…Your front page is the very first impression…most customers will have,…and you wanna be sure it's a good one.…No pressure or anything.…Let's get started by going to our WordPress admin area…and going to Appearance, Widgets.…I chose the Fernando theme…specifically because I liked all the built-in…places to put a call to action.…
To help me meet my goal,…I'll use this Before Header widget area…to invite customers, or potential customers,…to contact the company for a consultation.…Let's go ahead and see how that looks.…I'll open this up in a separate browser window.…Cool, so right there is my first call to action…for someone to get in touch.…Next we have this Rotator area,…and this is what it looks like in the demo,…but I actually don't wanna put anything here,…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Finding and installing plugins such as Ninja Forms
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam