Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring basic theme settings, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Showcasing Photography.
- Now that we have the Agency Pro Theme activated,…it's time to get started with some basic…setup and configuration options.…So, let's head back to the WordPress Admin area,…and I'm gonna start under the Genesis Theme Settings tab.…Now, depending on which Genesis child theme you're running,…you may see a couple of different options back here.…In the case of Agency Pro,…we get to pick a Color Style that's included with the theme.…So, by Default it's yellow,…and I wanna make it Orange.…
Next, I'm gonna change the Default Layout for the site.…The Default Layout is content area on the left,…and sidebar on the right,…and there's six different options that I could use…in varying configurations of sidebars and content.…But going back to one of our goals…for this photography website…was to create something really clean and crisp,…where the photos got to be the star.…And able to do that,…I think I'd prefer to use a full-width layout.…So we'll go ahead and select that.…
Moving on, let's configure our Content Archives.…Now, Content Archives are what you see…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY..
- Preparing to build a photography site
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Setting up menus and social media
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam