Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring Image Widget, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- View Offline
- The front page of our site is really looking great.…Now, it's time to go through the other pages and see…where we need to add anything extra to complete the site.…Let's start with Our Story.…So this is Lisa and Tony's engagement story,…and I'd already added this content earlier.…And the content looks just fine.…But what's funky about this page…is this primary sidebar widget area.…Do we want it to stay, or do we want it…to go away altogether?…If we want it to go away altogether…we can do that by making this a full-width layout.…
I'll show you really quickly what that looks like.…Let's go up to Screen Options,…make sure Layout settings is checked,…and if we scroll down, keep scrolling,…and here we have our layout settings.…Now we're already using the default layout that was set…in Genesis Theme's settings.…Which happens to be the content sidebar layout.…There's also this sidebar content layout,…and then finally the full-width layout.…Let's see what that looks like.…
We'll view our page and as you can see,…the content now takes up the full width.…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site