Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding reviews with the Easy Testimonials plugin, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Restaurant Website.
- One of the goals for this site was to show off…customer reviews.…I'm going to show you how to to do that using the…Easy Testimonials plugin.…Now, if you have a Yelp account for your business it might…be worth your while to check out the Yelp Widget Pro…plugin, which let's you display Yelp reviews directly on…your WordPress site.…For those of you who don't have a Yelp account, I'll show…you how to do it with the Easy Testimonials plugin.…Let's start by installing the plugin.…Once the plugin's activated you'll notice this new…'Testimonials' option on the sidebar and this is where…we can add our new testimonials.…
Now, I've already got some testimonials added and I'll…show you what they're composed of.…Basically, I've got the customers name as the title, I've…got their review, or testimonial, then I've also entered…their client name.…Alternately, there's a lot of other information here that…you could add.…You could even use a featured image.…Once all your testimonials are in it's time to decide…where to show them on the site.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Making a basic content inventory
- Finding a suitable theme
- Setting up widgets and navigation
- Creating a menu with the Food and Drink Menu plugin
- Adding a responsive slider
- Using Jetpack for reservations
- Testing the site
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with Genesis for WordPresswith Carrie Dils52m 21s Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.