Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding key content to the site, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Community Website.
- View Offline
- Once you've done the hard work…of planning out your site and creating the core content,…it's time to move that content onto your live site,…and build out the structure and framework…of the site itself.…Here I've got a standard WordPress site…up on a SiteGround account.…You can visit this by going to…community.wpdiy.net/genesis.…Of course, right now, this is stock WordPress.…You can see the Hello world! post on the front of the page,…and we've also got the sample page that comes with…the default WordPress install.…
Finally, if you go to Appearance,…you can see that we're running the Twenty Fifteen theme.…If you watched the…WordPress and Genesis DIY: Setting Up Genesis course,…you should be starting at the same point as me.…I have all the content from this site's content inventory…in a folder on my desktop.…Here you can see everything that will go on the final site.…I have a document that contains all of the written content…for all the different posts, pages, events,…and even some general community listings.…In some cases, it might make sense to split these…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with Genesis for WordPresswith Carrie Dils52m 21s Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.