Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding key content to the site, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Restaurant Website.
- [Voiceover] Once you've done the hard work of planning out…your site and creating the core content,…it's time to start adding that content…into your WordPress site.…If you're wondering why we're adding content first…before searching for themes and plug-ins,…it's because of this: In WordPress your content…is completely independent of your design.…That means you can switch out themes…or change out plug-ins without messing with your content.…Also, when we get to the step of looking for themes,…I find it's really helpful if there's already…some basic content in the site to work with.…It gives me a much better idea of what to look…for in a theme once I've seen how my content…looks on the page.…
Let's log in to our WordPress admin and start…by adding some content.…Now my WordPress site is at the domain I'm using…for this course, restaurant.wpdiy.net/genesis.…You can follow along by going to your domain…and then at the very end adding wpadmin to get…to this login panel.…Now at this point, I'm working with a completely fresh…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Making a basic content inventory
- Finding a suitable theme
- Setting up widgets and navigation
- Creating a menu with the Food and Drink Menu plugin
- Adding a responsive slider
- Using Jetpack for reservations
- Testing the site
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.