Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding key content to the site, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Weddings and Special Events.
- Alright, we've completed the planning for our website,…and now we're ready to start adding in content.…If you're wondering why we're adding content…instead of selecting the theme or plugins we want to use,…it's because of this.…In WordPress, your content is completely independent…of your design, or your theme.…That means you can switch out themes or change plugins…without making any changes to your content.…That said, when we get to the step of shopping for themes,…it's helpful if we already have some basic content…on the site to work with.…This makes it easier to visualize a theme…with your content in it.…
Think of it like you're looking at houses.…If you look at a furnished house,…it's easier to visualize yourself living there…than if you're looking at a bunch of empty rooms.…So that's why we're focusing on some content first.…For now, let's log in to our WordPress admin…and start adding some content.…My WordPress site is at the domain…I'm using for this course:…wedding.wpdiy.net/genesis…You can follow along by going to your domain…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Making a content inventory
- Finding, installing, and activating the right theme for your site
- Setting up menus and other configuration options
- Using plugins to add features like a gallery or guestbook
- Launching your WordPress site