Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a forum page and navigation, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Community Website.
- In this movie, I'd like to show you…how to make your Forums accessible…from your website,…so that your site visitors can view them.…To do that, we're going to go to Pages,…Add New, and create a page named Forums.…We'll save it as a draft and I want to point out…the slug, which is "Forums".…That's really important.…Back in the bbPress Forums Settings,…we're able to specify the Forum Root Slug.…In this case, we left it at the default "Forums".…Just make sure that whatever Forum Root…is specified here matches your actual Page Slug.…
In this case, we're good to go.…So let's go ahead and Publish.…With that, let's view our page.…Now you may be thinking to yourself,…that does not look very attractive,…and you'd be right.…Because of the way that Genesis interacts with bbPress,…there's a few things that we need to do…in order to make this have a good proper form layout.…Thankfully, there's a fellow named Jared Atchison,…a great Genesis developer,…who's done the work for us…and put it into this plugin called bbPress Genesis Extend.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.