Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding forum functionality with bbPress, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Community Website.
- Forums are a fantastic addition for a community…or membership-oriented site.…It allows community members…to interact with each other bulletin board style.…But forums also provide you, as a site owner,…a way to moderate what's published,…and what's not.…For this course, we're using the bbPress plug-in.…Let's go ahead and activate it.…Once activated, you'll see three new menu items.…Forums, Topics, and Replies.…You can think of forums as a sort of categories for topics.…
You might have a forum related to jobs.…You might have a forum related to things for sale.…Topics on the other hand,…are new threads of conversations that happen…within a particular forum.…Finally, we have Replies.…And that's where people can reply…to various topics.…In the next few movies, we'll walk through…each of these in detail, and how to set them up.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.