Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a few finishing touches, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Community Website.
- View Offline
- As our website nears completion,…it's time to go back and tidy up,…and just make sure that everything is in it's spot…and looking good.…This is a good time to go back and check…that content inventory you created,…and see if you have any notes…about things that still need to be done.…You may recall earlier in this course I had four buttons…on the homepage that I needed to come back…and add the right links to.…I made a note of that on my content inventory…as a reminder, and let's go ahead and take care of that now.…
Those were in the Home - Middle widget area.…So, for Events,…I'll just copy the link,…and paste it in.…Now whenever you're dealing with HTML,…you do what to make sure that you get the quotes…in the right spot, when you're adding links yourself…via HTML, do take care to make sure that the link…is inside the quotes.…There, now I can check that off my Inventory list.…
Next, I'd like to rethink this color scheme.…Even though I originally chose the Education Blue,…I think I'm going to go back to my Default.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with Genesis for WordPresswith Carrie Dils52m 21s Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.