Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding events to your navigation and sidebar, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Community Website.
- Now that we've added our events calendar,…we need to give people a way to find it.…To do that, we're going to add it to the menu.…Now one thing about the way the events calendar works.…You'll notice that there's not actually…a page for events.…We're not supposed to create one either,…like we did for the Forums page.…Instead, it's got a list of individual events…that you could add as new items…or, event categories.…But that's still not what I want.…I want the entire event.…To get the URL for that,…we can go to Events and View Calendar.…
From there, we'll copy the URL,…go back to our menu, and use a Custom Link.…Now if we go back to our website,…we'll see the events in our main menu.…In addition to the Navigation Menu,…I think it would be nice to add some upcoming events…to our sidebar.…To do that, let's go add a widget.…From our Widget area,…we'll click Primary Sidebar, Add Widget.…The Events Calendar actually adds a custom widget,…so we'll add that in there and...…you can select how many events you'd like to show.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.