Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding an events calendar, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Community Website.
- In this movie, I'd like to show you…how to add an events calendar to your website.…Now, you might wonder why we need an events calendar plugin…versus just using regular post…to communicate about our events.…Well, there's a couple of reasons.…For starters, using an event calendar plugin…will typically give you some extra styling,…making the calendar look much more presentable…than if you were using a regular post.…Also, having an events post tag…means that you can add extra information about the event…that you wouldn't be able to with…just a regular post out of the box.…
Let's take a look. Here I've got…some sample events already entered in.…We've got a place to enter both tags and categories.…Categories and tags might seem kind of similar at first -…they both provide a way to group like posts.…Categories allow for a broad grouping of post topics,…but when you want to describe a post…in more specific terms, that's where tags come in.…They're generally used to describe your post,…or in this case your event, in more detail.…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with Genesis for WordPresswith Carrie Dils52m 21s Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.