Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a contact form, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Community Website.
- I'd like to show you how to add a contact form using…the Jetpack plugin.…We'll start by activating Jetpack.…To complete Jetpack activation,…You'll need to connect to a WordPress.com account.…If you don't already have one,…you'll be able to create a free one, right here.…Once connected, we have access to…all of the Jetpack modules.…Contact Form is just one of them, but…there's a lot of other cool things for media,…publicizing your post, and checking stats on your site.…Jetpack comes by default with some module already activated,…but until I need them, I want to deactivate everything that…I'm not using.…
Now, let's go ahead and add a contact form to…our Contact page.…To do that right from your post editor,…just click the Add Contact Form button.…You can delete any that you don't need and…add new fields if desired.…(clicking)…You can also rearrange the fields by dragging and dropping.…Now, before we add this form to the post,…there's something very important we need to do, and…that is set email notifications.…
Every time, someone fills out the contact form…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring the menus and layout
- Extending functionality with plugins
- Adding forums, events, and forms to your website
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with Genesis for WordPresswith Carrie Dils52m 21s Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Site
2. Picking and Configuring a Theme
3. Extending Functionality with Plugins
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.