Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding affiliate banners, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Freelance/Independent Website.
- View Offline
- One of the goals for a personal portfolio site…was to generate affiliate income via banners and links.…If this isn't one of your goals,…feel free to skip this movie.…Before you can add affiliate banners to your site,…you have to have an affiliate relationship with a company.…For instance, if you wanted to become part of StudioPress',…the makers of the Genesis Framework's affiliate program,…you'd need to sign up through their site, wait for approval,…and then follow their instructions for getting access…to affiliate banners and links.…Banner ads come in many different sizes,…so opt for the ones that best with your themed layout.…
I strongly recommend only participating…in affiliate programs for companies you know,…trust, and can confidently recommend.…After all, one of the goals for your site…is to establish yourself as a trusted authority.…So if you advertise products that aren't in alignment…with the image you want to portray,…you're just shooting yourself in the foot.…It's not worth the extra cash to lose credibility…
Find more courses in this series in our WordPress DIY playlist.
- Understanding your site goals
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Finding and installing plugins
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam