Join Carrie Dils for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding Portfolio content with Jetpack, part of WordPress and Genesis DIY: Showcasing Photography.
- View Offline
- One of the goals that we set out for the…Pixelford Photography website was to attract new clients.…One of the best ways to do that…is showing a portfolio of our work.…I'd like to create portfolio sections for each major area…of focus for this photographer.…So, we've got babies, weddings and engagements,…travel, family and lifestyle.…I could use posts or pages to create…each of these portfolio items,…but I don't really want to mix those in.…
So my posts are really reserved for my blog post,…and the pages are reserved for the…main content areas of my site.…So what I need is a extra post type…just for my portfolio items.…And fortunately, Jetpack has just that feature.…So if we go back to our Jetpack settings,…we're going to look for this custom content types…and go ahead and activate it.…Once that's done, we can click this configure option,…and that takes us to our settings writing page.…
At the very bottom, you'll see an option…to enable portfolio projects for this site.…Let's go ahead and check that.…Once we save our changes, you'll now see…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY..
- Preparing to build a photography site
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Setting up menus and social media
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam