Join Damian Allen for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with amp combos, part of GarageBand '09 Essential Training.
Let's take a look now at how to actually make adjustments to your guitar amp.…Start by selecting a guitar track and choosing the Classic Crunch preset from…the Preset menu. Double-click the amp artwork to make sure that the correct…input is selected. In this case, my guitar is going into Mono 1. Double-click…the amp again and you'll see in the lower section of the Track Info pane the…same kinds of controls that you would see on a real world guitar amp.…You adjust these controls by positioning the mouse over the center of the control…and then dragging up or down with the mouse.…
(Music Plays)…Let's start by taking a look at the Gain Master and Output controls. If you are…new to guitar amps, the Gain and Master controls are very important. …To get a big distorted sound, set the Master control initially to its lowest value and…then crank up the Gain. Now very carefully increase the Master control until…you are happy with the level.…
(Music Plays)…What's happening here is that the Gain control is overloading the amplifier…
- Creating a project from scratch
- Making music instantly with Magic GarageBand
- Learning the guitar and keyboard with the lessons in GarageBand
- Using piano and orchestral and analog synth software instruments
- Mixing tracks for a balanced composition
- Working with the new stomp boxes and virtual guitar amps
- Effectively applying reverb, echo, compressors, and EQ
- Exporting and sharing compositions
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with GarageBand '09
What's new in GarageBand '091m 31s
2. Magic GarageBand
3. Taking Lessons
4. Recording with GarageBand
5. Working with Loops
6. Creating Electric Guitar Tracks
7. Using Software Instruments
8. Editing and Mixing
9. Sharing a Song
10. Additional Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.