Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the new synths in 10.1.0, part of GarageBand Essential Training.
- This is a new movie recorded…in July of 2015 after the release of the…GarageBand 10.1.0 update.…Now in the What's New movie at the beginning of this course,…I ran through a list of new features found…in this update including things like new drummers,…new loops, and new synth sounds.…But I felt that the new synth sounds deserved…to have their own movie,…because they actually come with a brand new…controller called the Transform Pad.…I'm going to create a new project…with the Keyboard Collection,…and we've seen this before.…This generates a new project…with several piano, organ, and synthesizer tracks…already created for us.…
So the Piano track is selected by default.…(piano sounds)…And you can see the Smart Control panel…is open here at the bottom of the screen.…And with each instrument we select…we see different Smart Controls.…The way you can tell which synthesizers…are new in this version of GarageBand…are when you select one, for example,…in this case, like 80s Sync Lead,…and you see the new transform pad here…
- Creating a new project
- Adding tracks
- Working with loops
- Recording Software Instrument tracks
- Getting real sounds into your Mac
- Recording and compositing multiple tracks
- Arranging, editing, and mixing your project
- Sharing your music with the Share menu
- Controlling GarageBand remotely from an iPad
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/24/2014. What changed?
A: We added one new movie ("What's new in GarageBand 10.0.3") and revised three others ("Customizing the bass sound," "Using Audio Unit and third-party plugins," and "Using the Share menu") to reflect the changes in GarageBand 10.0.3.
Q: This course was updated on 8/03/2015. What changed?
A: We added two new movies, one covering the general 6/30/2015 update to GarageBand and one at the end of chapter 3 on working with and automating the new synth sounds and Transform Pad.
Learning Songwriting: GarageBandwith Garrick Chow1h 36m Beginner
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Loops and Drummer
3. Working with Software Instruments
4. Working with Real Instruments
5. Arranging, Editing, and Mixing Your Project
6. Exporting, Sharing, and Archiving Your Project
7. Other Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.