Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Share menu, part of GarageBand Essential Training.
- Okay, so once you feel like you've completed your…mix, you're probably ready to share your GarageBand…project with the world or with your friends and family.…Or maybe you just want to make a copy for yourself that…won't require you to open GarageBand…every time you want to listen to the song.…So you need to export a version of the song that can be…played outside of GarageBand, because right now…your song only exists in the project file,…which can only be opened by GarageBand.…So you'll find all of your sharing options,…not surprisingly, under the Share menu.…Let's walk through them.…The first option is Song to iTunes.…
Choose this option to export your…song to your iTunes Library.…Now before we do this, first make sure your…end of song marker is really at the end of your song.…I can kind of see the marker hiding way back there.…Let's move that to where the song really ends.…So basically right about there.…Remember that if it's all the way back where it was,…or even further, you may end up…with several seconds of silence at the end of the file.…
- Creating a new project
- Adding tracks
- Working with loops
- Recording Software Instrument tracks
- Getting real sounds into your Mac
- Recording and compositing multiple tracks
- Arranging, editing, and mixing your project
- Sharing your music with the Share menu
- Controlling GarageBand remotely from an iPad
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/24/2014. What changed?
A: We added one new movie ("What's new in GarageBand 10.0.3") and revised three others ("Customizing the bass sound," "Using Audio Unit and third-party plugins," and "Using the Share menu") to reflect the changes in GarageBand 10.0.3.
Q: This course was updated on 8/03/2015. What changed?
A: We added two new movies, one covering the general 6/30/2015 update to GarageBand and one at the end of chapter 3 on working with and automating the new synth sounds and Transform Pad.
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Loops and Drummer
3. Working with Software Instruments
4. Working with Real Instruments
5. Arranging, Editing, and Mixing Your Project
6. Exporting, Sharing, and Archiving Your Project
7. Other Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.