Join Damian Allen for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Mixer, part of GarageBand '09 Essential Training.
A really cool feature of the GarageBand lessons is the ability to change the…mix on the band. Back in Guitar Lesson 1, I'll go head and click the Mixer…button in the top right corner. You will see here I have a list of all the…instruments that are playing in the session.…The Teacher's Voice is one, the Teacher's Guitar is another. I have My…Instrument and I have The Band. Now, you will see there is a little disclosure…triangle for The Band. If I click that, I get a list of the individual…instruments. Let's see how this works.…
As I click Play, I can now choose which instruments I want to listen to.…(Music plays.)…I can turn the bass off, turn the drums off, solo the drums and I can even change…the levels of the instruments by adjusting them here. So, if I want to hear a…little bit of the Teacher's Guitar and want to hear mine more, I can drag the Teacher's Guitar down.…
Now notice, with an Acoustic Guitar, you will hear a lot of the guitar through…the Teacher's microphone as well. Let's play again. You will notice even with…
- Creating a project from scratch
- Making music instantly with Magic GarageBand
- Learning the guitar and keyboard with the lessons in GarageBand
- Using piano and orchestral and analog synth software instruments
- Mixing tracks for a balanced composition
- Working with the new stomp boxes and virtual guitar amps
- Effectively applying reverb, echo, compressors, and EQ
- Exporting and sharing compositions
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with GarageBand '09
What's new in GarageBand '091m 31s
2. Magic GarageBand
3. Taking Lessons
4. Recording with GarageBand
5. Working with Loops
6. Creating Electric Guitar Tracks
7. Using Software Instruments
8. Editing and Mixing
9. Sharing a Song
10. Additional Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.