Join Damian Allen for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Auto-Wah, part of GarageBand '09 Essential Training.
Auto Funk really is a fun pedal. It gives you all the funkiness of the wah-wah…without all the gratuitous footwork. Go ahead and load up the Auto_Funk project…if you have access to it, otherwise select Classic Crunch and then set up just the Auto Funk stump box.…Auto Funk works using what's called an Envelope Follower. What this does is…varies the filtering of the Guitar based on how loudly you are playing it.…So you'll see that if you play quietly, the sound is very muddy. …(Music plays.)…Play loudly and the sound really opens up.…
(Music plays.)…The Sensitivity control determines how loud a Guitar has to be played before…the Auto Funk will open up. If we set it high even modest strums will trigger it. …(Music plays.)…Set it low and it takes a lot more effort to open it up. …(Music plays.)…The Cutoff control sets the frequency of sound that doesn't trigger the filter.…
(Music plays.)…You can change the way the filter works with the three switches at the center…of the box. Rather than going into detailed descriptions, it's easier just to play…
- Creating a project from scratch
- Making music instantly with Magic GarageBand
- Learning the guitar and keyboard with the lessons in GarageBand
- Using piano and orchestral and analog synth software instruments
- Mixing tracks for a balanced composition
- Working with the new stomp boxes and virtual guitar amps
- Effectively applying reverb, echo, compressors, and EQ
- Exporting and sharing compositions
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with GarageBand '09
What's new in GarageBand '091m 31s
2. Magic GarageBand
3. Taking Lessons
4. Recording with GarageBand
5. Working with Loops
6. Creating Electric Guitar Tracks
7. Using Software Instruments
8. Editing and Mixing
9. Sharing a Song
10. Additional Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.