Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Audio Units and third-party plugins, part of GarageBand Essential Training.
- If you've used previous versions of GarageBand…you might've been looking around this version of GarageBand…and wondering where all the effects processes went.…Yes, you can select individual tracks,…come over to the library, and adjust their sounds from here…but in previous versions of GarageBand you could…find all sorts of professional level plug-ins to…apply things like compression, delay, and revert.…Even if this is your first time using GarageBand…you may still be wondering whether…it's possible to apply plug-ins like these.…Happily, the answer is yes.…Apple just hid them a bit this time around.…
In fact, this is an updated version of this movie that I'm…recording in November of 2014 with GarageBand 10.0.3.…In this version, Apple has added back more audio…effect plug-ins that originally shipped with GarageBand 10.…Originally, you just had access…to Apple's audio units plug-ins.…Audio units are plug-ins that are used by…applications like GarageBand, Logic Pro, and others…to process audio and all Macs include…
- Creating a new project
- Adding tracks
- Working with loops
- Recording Software Instrument tracks
- Getting real sounds into your Mac
- Recording and compositing multiple tracks
- Arranging, editing, and mixing your project
- Sharing your music with the Share menu
- Controlling GarageBand remotely from an iPad
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/24/2014. What changed?
A: We added one new movie ("What's new in GarageBand 10.0.3") and revised three others ("Customizing the bass sound," "Using Audio Unit and third-party plugins," and "Using the Share menu") to reflect the changes in GarageBand 10.0.3.
Q: This course was updated on 8/03/2015. What changed?
A: We added two new movies, one covering the general 6/30/2015 update to GarageBand and one at the end of chapter 3 on working with and automating the new synth sounds and Transform Pad.
Learning Songwriting: GarageBandwith Garrick Chow1h 36m Beginner
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Loops and Drummer
3. Working with Software Instruments
4. Working with Real Instruments
5. Arranging, Editing, and Mixing Your Project
6. Exporting, Sharing, and Archiving Your Project
7. Other Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.