Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Use plugins, part of GarageBand Essential Training.
- [Instructor] If you've used previous versions…of GarageBand, you might have been looking…around this version, and wondering…where all the effects processors went.…Now we know that you can select individual tracks,…open up the library, and you can adjust…their sounds from here in terms of selecting other sounds…or amps and things like that.…But in earlier versions of GarageBand,…you could find all sorts of professional level plugins…to apply things like compression, delay, and reaver.…Even if this is your first time using GarageBand,…you still may be wondering whether…it's possible to apply plugins like these.…
And happily, the answer is yes,…they're just tucked away a bit.…In GarageBand, you have access…to a large selection of built-in plugins…as well as audio units plugins.…Audio units are plugins that are used…by other applications like GarageBand,…Logic Pro and others to process audio,…and all Macs include a collection of Apple Audio Units.…You can also download Audio Units plugins…from many other manufacturers.…
- Creating a new project
- Adding tracks
- Working with loops
- Recording software instrument tracks
- Getting real sounds into your Mac
- Recording and compositing multiple tracks
- Arranging, editing, and mixing your project
- Sharing your music with others
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Songwriting: GarageBandwith Garrick Chow1h 36m Beginner
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Recordingwith Larry Crane2h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Loops and Drummer
3. Working with Software Instruments
4. Working with Real Instruments
5. Arranging, Editing, and Mixing Your Project
6. Exporting, Sharing, and Archiving Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.