Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Use Drummer to create custom drumbeats, part of GarageBand Essential Training.
- In this chapter we've been looking primarily…at Garage Band's built-in loop library,…and as you've seen, it's perfectly possible and fairly easy…to build an entire song completely out of Loops,…But I'd say in may cases you'll probably be using Loops…to add to a project in which you'll be recording…software or real instrument performances as well.…Many people just use loops to fill in…for instruments they don't have, can't play,…or don't have the ability to record.…One of the toughest instruments…to record well is a full drum kit,…which traditionally requires several microphones…and knowing where to properly place them.…
If you're a songwriter and you just wanna…get a demo of a song down,…setting up a drum kit and recording it…might take too long or be too daunting.…Now as we've seen you can turn to the loop library…in Garage Band and select from hundreds…or thousands of drum loops to find the loops…that best match the sound and feel you're going for.…Well, one of the drawbacks of using Loop's drums…is that you can't really change the performance itself.…
- Creating a new project
- Adding tracks
- Working with loops
- Recording software instrument tracks
- Getting real sounds into your Mac
- Recording and compositing multiple tracks
- Arranging, editing, and mixing your project
- Sharing your music with others
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Songwriting: GarageBandwith Garrick Chow1h 36m Beginner
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Recordingwith Larry Crane2h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Loops and Drummer
3. Working with Software Instruments
4. Working with Real Instruments
5. Arranging, Editing, and Mixing Your Project
6. Exporting, Sharing, and Archiving Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.