Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Save your project to iCloud to access from other Macs, part of GarageBand Essential Training.
- [Instructor] GarageBand includes…the ability to save and open projects…stored on your iCloud account.…This gives you the ability to work…on a GarageBand project across multiple devices.…So you could, for instance, start work on your Macbook,…maybe you're recording someone on location,…and you could then save your project to iCloud,…and then open it up on your iMac when you get home…to pick up where you left off.…And it's really easy to set this up.…In order to use this feature,…first go to your System Preferences,…click iCloud, then make sure iCloud Drive is enabled.…
From here, click Options, and under…the Documents tab, you can see which…of your apps are set up to store data on iCloud.…You can check or uncheck any you'd like,…but make sure that GarageBand is checked,…otherwise you won't be able to use it with iCloud.…And that's all you need to do to set it up.…So I have my project open in GarageBand,…and let's say I've been working on this on my work computer,…and now I'm about to head home…where I want to continue working on it.…
- Creating a new project
- Adding tracks
- Working with loops
- Recording software instrument tracks
- Getting real sounds into your Mac
- Recording and compositing multiple tracks
- Arranging, editing, and mixing your project
- Sharing your music with others
Skill Level Beginner
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Recordingwith Larry Crane2h 21m Intermediate
Learning Songwriting: GarageBandwith Garrick Chow1h 36m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Loops and Drummer
3. Working with Software Instruments
4. Working with Real Instruments
5. Arranging, Editing, and Mixing Your Project
6. Exporting, Sharing, and Archiving Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.