Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Lock tracks to improve system performance, part of GarageBand Essential Training.
- [Instructor] As you work on mixing your project,…you might wanna make sure you don't accidentally…change, move, or otherwise alter an edit…you've spent a lot of time working on.…In those cases, you can lock down anywhere from a couple…to several properties of your project.…The Lock button is not part of the default tool bar,…but you can easily enable it by right-clicking…on any tracker header area,…choosing Configure Track Header,…and here you can enable Track Lock.…Notice that puts a Lock button on all of these tracks.…And then, you can click the lock on any track to lock it.…
For example, let's say I spent a lot of time…getting the sound of the rhythm guitar part.…Maybe I applied some EQ, I adjusted the amp settings,…I fixed some timing issues, and I chopped up a couple…of takes into a single take, and so on.…I don't want to accidentally have one of these regions…selected off screen, and then accidentally move,…delete, or change it in any way.…So, I just click the Lock button.…Now, locking actually happens in two steps.…
- Creating a new project
- Adding tracks
- Working with loops
- Recording software instrument tracks
- Getting real sounds into your Mac
- Recording and compositing multiple tracks
- Arranging, editing, and mixing your project
- Sharing your music with others
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Songwriting: GarageBandwith Garrick Chow1h 36m Beginner
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Recordingwith Larry Crane2h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Loops and Drummer
3. Working with Software Instruments
4. Working with Real Instruments
5. Arranging, Editing, and Mixing Your Project
6. Exporting, Sharing, and Archiving Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.