Join Damian Allen for an in-depth discussion in this video Leaving a lesson, part of GarageBand '09 Essential Training.
- View Offline
Just a couple more quick things before you abandon yourself to study. First of all, don't worry about leaving your lesson halfway through for a family emergency. You will see if I quit out right now, whenever I return to the lesson, GarageBand remembers exactly where I was at and places me back in the lesson at that exact point. Finally, you can record along with GarageBand as well. If I go to the Play section here and pick up my guitar, (Music Plays) I can click the Record button and play along.
(Music Plays) I'll press the Play button to stop. Now, it wasn't the most inspiring performance but then there is not so much you can do with the E chord. Now, in later lessons you have more elaborate parts so there is more to do there. Let's g ahead and do the final step which is to open this up in GarageBand, When I click the button, GarageBand opens and you will see the complete arrangement with my very own humble recording right along with the other instruments.
(Music Plays) And there you have it.
- Creating a project from scratch
- Making music instantly with Magic GarageBand
- Learning the guitar and keyboard with the lessons in GarageBand
- Using piano and orchestral and analog synth software instruments
- Mixing tracks for a balanced composition
- Working with the new stomp boxes and virtual guitar amps
- Effectively applying reverb, echo, compressors, and EQ
- Exporting and sharing compositions