- Creating a new project
- Adding tracks
- Working with loops
- Recording Software Instrument tracks
- Getting real sounds into your Mac
- Recording and compositing multiple tracks
- Arranging, editing, and mixing your project
- Sharing your music with the Share menu
- Controlling GarageBand remotely from an iPad
Skill Level Beginner
- Hello, I'm Garrick Chow, and welcome to GarageBand for Mac Essential Training. I'll start by taking you on a tour of the GarageBand interface to get our bearings, and I'll show you how to set up a project file so you can start working right away. We'll look at the amazing new drummer feature, which puts a virtual drummer at your command, and gives you the ability to craft complex and realistic-sounding drum and percussion parts to accompany your songs. (drum beating) I'll show you how to work with GarageBand's built-in software instruments to perform, record, and edit virtual instrument parts, ranging from keyboards (keyboard music), to drums (drum beating), to strings and horns, and more. (guitar music) Then, we'll see how to record real instruments with a microphone, or through GarageBand's collection of guitar amps.
And we'll look at the new amp designer to see how to craft a wide range of guitar and bass guitar tones, with a combination of virtual amps, cabinets, microphones, and pedals. (upbeat guitar music) Once we've put everything together, we'll take a look at how to organize, edit, and mix your project. (drum beating) And then we'll take a look at the options that are available to export and share your music with the world. We'll be covering all this and plenty more, so let's get started with GarageBand for Mac Essential Training.
Q: This course was updated on 11/24/2014. What changed?
A: We added one new movie ("What's new in GarageBand 10.0.3") and revised three others ("Customizing the bass sound," "Using Audio Unit and third-party plugins," and "Using the Share menu") to reflect the changes in GarageBand 10.0.3.
Q: This course was updated on 8/03/2015. What changed?
A: We added two new movies, one covering the general 6/30/2015 update to GarageBand and one at the end of chapter 3 on working with and automating the new synth sounds and Transform Pad.
Learning Songwriting: GarageBandwith Garrick Chow1h 36m Beginner
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Loops and Drummer
3. Working with Software Instruments
4. Working with Real Instruments
5. Arranging, Editing, and Mixing Your Project
6. Exporting, Sharing, and Archiving Your Project
7. Other Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.