Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Enable simultaneous multitrack recording, part of GarageBand Essential Training.
- [Instructor] All right, so in this video…I wanna show you how to enable and use…GarageBand's multitrack recording capabilities.…Now, just to be clear, when you use the word…multitrack, to some people that just means…having an audio editing program that's capable…of having individual, multiple tracks.…But in this case, I'm specifically referring to…simultaneous multitrack recording,…meaning the ability to record from…more than one input at the same time.…This is what allows you to record…two or more musicians onto their own tracks…or to record a drum kit that you have miked…with several mikes.…Now, as I mentioned previously,…in order to do this, you'll need to have…an audio input device that allows for…more than one input into the device…at the same time.…
I also gave you a couple of examples…of devices in that movie.…So if necessary, you can go back and review.…In this case, I still have my Behringer device…connected to my Mac, and it allows…for two simultaneous inputs.…Now, in order to record multiple tracks at once…
- Creating a new project
- Adding tracks
- Working with loops
- Recording software instrument tracks
- Getting real sounds into your Mac
- Recording and compositing multiple tracks
- Arranging, editing, and mixing your project
- Sharing your music with others
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Songwriting: GarageBandwith Garrick Chow1h 36m Beginner
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Recordingwith Larry Crane2h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Loops and Drummer
3. Working with Software Instruments
4. Working with Real Instruments
5. Arranging, Editing, and Mixing Your Project
6. Exporting, Sharing, and Archiving Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.