Join Damian Allen for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing a software instrument track, part of GarageBand '09 Essential Training.
A great advantage of Software Instrument tracks over Real Instrument tracks is…that after you've recorded them you can change pretty much everything about…them. That even includes the very notes you play. If you hit a wrong note…during your recording a quick click of the mouse can fix it.…Let's get started by working with the electric baseline we recorded in the previous video. …We'll solo the bass in the drums to listen to the rhythm. …(Music Plays)…Mostly the bass part is okay but the timing is a little off for certain notes.…
To change the notes I'll double click the region to open the Track Editor.…All of the recorded notes here are represented as horizontal bars lining up with…the piano keyboard. This is called a Piano Roll view.…As I click keys on the piano corresponding notes in the roll highlight. This is…an easy way of identifying the pitch of a given note segment. If the horizontal…bars are highlighted it means the last key pressed on the piano was the pitch of that bar.…
It's actually very simple to edit the notes. If you look closely here you'll…
- Creating a project from scratch
- Making music instantly with Magic GarageBand
- Learning the guitar and keyboard with the lessons in GarageBand
- Using piano and orchestral and analog synth software instruments
- Mixing tracks for a balanced composition
- Working with the new stomp boxes and virtual guitar amps
- Effectively applying reverb, echo, compressors, and EQ
- Exporting and sharing compositions
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with GarageBand '09
What's new in GarageBand '091m 31s
2. Magic GarageBand
3. Taking Lessons
4. Recording with GarageBand
5. Working with Loops
6. Creating Electric Guitar Tracks
7. Using Software Instruments
8. Editing and Mixing
9. Sharing a Song
10. Additional Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.