Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Cycle recording, part of GarageBand Essential Training.
…Lets continue working with software instruments by…adding a drum track to this project.…Now, we've always seen that you can add…drums and percussion to your project in the form…of pre-recorded loops in the loop browser, or…by adding the new drummer track to your project.…And while those are both good options and appropriate for…many circumstances, they're times when you really want a specific…beat or rhythm on your song and the only way…to get exactly what you want is to play it yourself.…Now because we're adding software drums, you don't even have to…be a good drummer or have a perfect sense of rhythm.…As long as you can get close to…what you want you can correct your performance afterwards.…
So let's create a new software instrument track.…From the library I'll select Drum Kit and let's find a drum kit to play.…Just select a kit and hit some notes…on the midi keyboard I've connected to my Mac.…You can touch that a couple.…Really though, since I'm playing softer drums, I don't have to…find the exact kit that I want to use right this second.…
- Creating a new project
- Adding tracks
- Working with loops
- Recording Software Instrument tracks
- Getting real sounds into your Mac
- Recording and compositing multiple tracks
- Arranging, editing, and mixing your project
- Sharing your music with the Share menu
- Controlling GarageBand remotely from an iPad
Skill Level Beginner
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Loops and Drummer
3. Working with Software Instruments
4. Working with Real Instruments
5. Arranging, Editing, and Mixing Your Project
6. Exporting, Sharing, and Archiving Your Project
7. Other Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.