Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing the bass sound, part of GarageBand Essential Training.
- If you're a bass player, you'll be happy to know…that Apple has finally paid some attention to you…in this latest version of GarageBand.…In previous versions of GarageBand,…you could connect and record your bass,…but you had to go through one of the guitar amps,…and it's not easy to dial in a decent bass sound…through a virtual guitar amp.…Happily, GarageBand now includes a bass amp emulator.…For this example, I'll continue working with a project…we've been playing with in this chapter.…Now, like working with guitar amps,…you can change the bass sound before,…during or after recording the track.…Although I'm using the bass track I already recorded…for simplicity's sake here, you can play around…with the sounds before you record your own bass tracks.…
Also, this is an updated movie you're watching…that I'm recording in November of 2014,…with GarageBand 10.0.3.…As I mentioned in the What's New movie,…back at the beginning of this course,…Apple greatly enhanced the ability…to customize your bass sounds,…giving you the same kind of tools that you have…
- Creating a new project
- Adding tracks
- Working with loops
- Recording Software Instrument tracks
- Getting real sounds into your Mac
- Recording and compositing multiple tracks
- Arranging, editing, and mixing your project
- Sharing your music with the Share menu
- Controlling GarageBand remotely from an iPad
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 11/24/2014. What changed?
A: We added one new movie ("What's new in GarageBand 10.0.3") and revised three others ("Customizing the bass sound," "Using Audio Unit and third-party plugins," and "Using the Share menu") to reflect the changes in GarageBand 10.0.3.
Q: This course was updated on 8/03/2015. What changed?
A: We added two new movies, one covering the general 6/30/2015 update to GarageBand and one at the end of chapter 3 on working with and automating the new synth sounds and Transform Pad.
Learning Songwriting: GarageBandwith Garrick Chow1h 36m Beginner
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Loops and Drummer
3. Working with Software Instruments
4. Working with Real Instruments
5. Arranging, Editing, and Mixing Your Project
6. Exporting, Sharing, and Archiving Your Project
7. Other Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.