Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Browsing the loop library, part of GarageBand Essential Training.
…If you don't know how to play an instrument but you…still want to create music, Garage Band offers a large library of loops.…Loops are brief prerecorded snippets of…music that were performed by professional musicians,…and there are more than 1,000 of these snippets included in Garage Band.…Each loop is designed so that its…end point flows seamlessly into its starting point,…meaning that you can endlessly cycle or loop…them for as long as your song requires.…Even if you can play an instrument,…loops are perfect for those times when you need an instrument you…can't play or just don't have, like a cello or a xylophone.…And sometimes it's just easier to use loops.…
If time is a factor, you'll probably find it much quicker to pick a…drum loop than it is to set up real drums and mike them all.…The other centrally important feature of loops is that, even though…they were created in certain keys and tempos, Garage Band makes it…so that you can drag any loop into your song and instantly…match it to the key and tempo you selected when you created…
- Creating a new project
- Adding tracks
- Working with loops
- Recording Software Instrument tracks
- Getting real sounds into your Mac
- Recording and compositing multiple tracks
- Arranging, editing, and mixing your project
- Sharing your music with the Share menu
- Controlling GarageBand remotely from an iPad
Skill Level Beginner
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Loops and Drummer
3. Working with Software Instruments
4. Working with Real Instruments
5. Arranging, Editing, and Mixing Your Project
6. Exporting, Sharing, and Archiving Your Project
7. Other Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.