Join Garrick Chow for an in-depth discussion in this video Archiving your project, part of GarageBand Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
…After you've been working with GarageBand for a while, you'll most…likely have a large collection of project files stored on your computer.…Now, I believe I mentioned this within this course, but just to be clear,…your garage band project file contains everything…that has to do with your project.…Unlike some other audio editing applications you might have…worked with, where you have a project file along…with a folder containing related audio files to go…along with your project, every GarageBand project is self-contained.…This means that it's very easy to copy…your project to other drives, computers, or locations.…
You just need to copy the single file, and you instantly…have everything you need to open it in another copy of GarageBand.…This may seem like a no-brainer, but so many other audio…editing applications out there use a much more convoluted file system.…And when you want to move or archive your projects,…you have to be extra careful, not only to make sure…you make a copy of all the necessary files, but also…
- Creating a new project
- Adding tracks
- Working with loops
- Recording Software Instrument tracks
- Getting real sounds into your Mac
- Recording and compositing multiple tracks
- Arranging, editing, and mixing your project
- Sharing your music with the Share menu
- Controlling GarageBand remotely from an iPad
Skill Level Beginner
Music Production Secrets: Larry Crane on Mixingwith Larry Crane1h 51m Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Loops and Drummer
3. Working with Software Instruments
4. Working with Real Instruments
5. Arranging, Editing, and Mixing Your Project
6. Exporting, Sharing, and Archiving Your Project
7. Other Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.