Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,900 courses, including more Video and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- Tagging a photo with geodata
- Using the new iPhoto editing tools to enhance images
- Sharing photos with Flickr and Facebook
- Stabilizing video in iMovie to get rid of the "shaky cam" effect
- Using green screen effects with iMovie
- Exploring GarageBand's new amps and effects to use with a real guitar
- Accessing GarageBand's built-in music lessons
- Publishing finished projects with iWeb via FTP
- Integrating iWeb's new widgets into web pages
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] iLife is Apple's suite of applications, that gives you incredibly easy and intuitive ways to organize, edit and share your digital photos, movies and music. (light music) - [Voiveover] Hi, I'm Garrick Chow, and welcome to iLife 09, new features. We'll start with a look a iPhoto 09, where you'll learn about iPhoto's amazing new face detection and recognition function, allowing you to sort and browse your photos, based on who's in them. We'll also take a look at Places, which lets you search through your photos based on their geo data. And I'll also show you iPhoto's new editing tools, travel maps and social networking capabilities.
In iMovie 09, I'll show you how to use the new Precision editor, to fine tune the shots in your videos. And you'll also learn about the new, real-time video effects. How to speed up, slow down and reverse footage, how to create picture and picture shots, green screen effects and how to turn shaky shots into smooth, steady footage. GarageBand 09 also has it's share of new features, including the newly re-designed guitar amps and stomp box effects. Magic Garageband has also been refreshed, making it easier than ever, to quickly assemble a song with your own virtual backing band. But the biggest feature of Garageband, has to be the new, built-in music lessons, which can teach you to become a better keyboard or guitar player.
And lastly, we'll look at iWeb, iLife's webpage creation application that lets you upload and share photos, videos, and music you've created. I'll show you how you can upload your webpages to almost any web hosting service with iWeb 09's new ability to integrate FTP publishing. Plus, you'll find new iWeb widgets that add interactive content to your website, simply by dragging and dropping them onto your pages. With all the new features packed into iLife 09, it's easier than ever to do more with your photos, video and music. Let's get started.