You can use your new particles to create some 'poison fountains' that your character will have to avoid.
- [Instructor] Let's play around with creating…a slightly different type of particle, this time…let's create a viscous poison, and we'll have it…spawn from a barrel in our level.…In our liquid folder, let's duplicate…our water spawn object.…I'll call this O_poison_spawn,…and let's edit the events in our water spawner.…In the create event, we'll open up the create particles.…
And let's change our flags.…I'll change the phy particle flag water, to viscous.…This'll give us something thick and oily.…We'll leave in color mixing, add in a pipe,…and we'll add the tensile flag.…I'm gonna copy and paste the first part…of our constant here.…And add in tensile.…And then one more pipe, and I'll add in a flag for elastic.…
This'll give us some jelly-like behavior.…The sprite for our poison particle is slightly smaller,…so I'm gonna change the radius from eight to two.…This will also help the particles blend.…I'm gonna set the density a little bit higher as well,…so they seem heavier and oilier in our simulation,…and we're just gonna create these particles continuously,…
- Setting up basic game components
- Creating the player object
- Using Finite State Machines
- Making the player duck
- Creating physics fixtures in code
- Creating physics obstacles
- Box2D liquid physics
- Creating particles that behave like water
- Creating a floating blocks obstacle
- Creating a swinging chain obstacle and a rope bridge
- Adding the finishing touches
Skill Level Beginner
1. Set Up Basic Game Components
2. The Player Object
3. Create Physics Obstacles
4. Liquid Physics
5. Decorate the Level
6. Finishing Touches
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.