Join Jesse Freeman for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Game Development Foundations: Game-Related Math.
- [Instructor] If you have access to the exercise files you can follow along with the same project I'll have on the screen. The folder is structured with each chapter broken into video folders. Inside of the video folders is the current state of the project at the start of this video. Simply open the Start folder to find the code we will be using for the current example. You can also view the final state of the example in the Finish folder. For this course, we'll be using a free online web editor called CodePen.
Feel free to look at the rest of the code after you complete the video to see how it is structured.
- Centering objects
- Horizontal and vertical layout
- Rendering a collection of boxes in a grid
- Point collisions
- Rectangle collisions
- Detecting the distance between two objects
- Calculating the percentage and ratio of a player's health
- Calculating experience for a player based on their level