Before you start working with VMWare Workstation Pro 12, there are a few things that you should be comfortable with beforehand. This includes understanding basic computer components like processors, memory, hard drives, networks, and peripherals.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Before we get started with Workstation Pro, let's cover a few things you should know already. First, I'm going to assume that you're familiar with the Windows Operating System, and understand the basic components of a computer, such as processors, memory, storage, and devices, such as USB. You should also be familiar with the basics of networking, with terms such as Ethernet and routers. This course does not have any exercise files, and you don't have to have Workstation Pro 12 to follow along. This course covers local desktop virtualization only.
Cloud-based VMs are not covered in this course.
- How VMware Workstation Pro works
- Supported guest and host systems in VMware Workstation Pro
- Setting up Windows and Ubuntu as guests
- Creating a custom virtual machine
- Setting up file sharing
- Connecting hardware
- Managing VM snapshots