- How VMware Workstation Pro works
- Supported guest and host systems in VMware Workstation Pro
- Setting up Windows and Ubuntu as guests
- Creating a custom virtual machine
- Setting up file sharing
- Connecting hardware
- Managing VM snapshots
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hello, and welcome. I'm Doug Winnie, and I'm gonna walk you through the basics of how to use VMware Workstation Pro 12. In this course, you'll learn how to install Workstation Pro 12 on your Windows computer, and then see how you can install multiple operating systems within virtual machines. You'll learn how to install Windows 10, Windows XP, and Ubuntu, a distribution of Linux, as guest operating systems within your physical machine using Workstation Pro 12. After installation of the operating system, you will learn how to manage the settings of your virtual machine.
This will include learning the various network setups you can create, tools that are available to share files between computers, virtual machines, and between the guest and host systems. In addition, you'll learn how to connect your physical hardware, such as USB devices, to your virtual machine. Finally, you'll learn how to use snapshots to let you save states of your virtual machine to revert to if things go wrong or if you need to restore a previous version of your machine.